MIAMI -- Walk-on tryouts for the FIU women's soccer team will be held at the FIU soccer practice field behind the parking garage adjacent to the US Century Bank Arena on Tuesday, February 21 at 2:45 p.m.
To be eligible for the tryouts, players must meet the following requirements:
- You must be enrolled in at least 12 hours at FIU at the time of walk-on tryouts. You must currently hold and maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA and be under the age of 24. You must also bring a copy of your FIU class schedule and have it approved by the FIU Athletics Compliance department and have it approved by Megan Eshilian.
- You must fill out the attached Athletic Tryout Release Form and have it approved by the FIU Athletics Training Room (Kari Langley), and the Tryout Signature Form.
- Bring your own equipment (cleats, shin guard and athletic clothes)
***** Please bring all completed documents to the Training Room USCB Arena 156 on Thursday, February 16 between 2:30-4:30 p.m. for final sign-off from the training room and Compliance. No try-out information will be reviewed outside of this timeframe.*****
In order to be eligible for a tryout with the FIU Athletics Department you will need to complete the following steps:
- Printed class schedule showing proof of enrollment for a minimum of 12 units
- Signature from the office of compliance approving full-time status.
- If you participate in a team tryout and are added to the official roster, you will be required to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM:
- Full physical on FIU paperwork (can print from www.fiusports.com)
- COMPLETED Physical Packet including the following forms: Athletic Tryout Release, Parent Information, Insurance Verification, First Year Physical Form, Medical History, First Year Health History, First Year Orthopedic History, Training Room Information, & Disclosure of Health Information
- Echo - if necessary depending on cardiac exam
- PPD - if necessary to be determined by questionnaire
- Proof of Sickle Cell Status
Physical MUST be performed by a medical doctor
- Appointments can be made at the University Health Services Center for a fee of $106 or with your primary care physician
- Primary insurance policy
- Not required for tryouts but highly recommended. If injury is sustained during the tryout the financial responsibility will fall on perspective student-athlete.
- If you are selected for a team, you will be required to purchase a policy from a reputable company with a deductible no greater than $1000.00.
- Medicaid will not be accepted.
For more information please contact assistant coach Kyle Schroeder at 305-348-2923